(Friday) 9:00 am PST
USGBC Los Angeles Chapter
USGBC-LA Resilience Capacity Building Workshop at Ventura December 6th, 2019 9AM - 1PM VCCF Nonprofit Center; Community Room 4001 Mission Oaks Blvd. Camarillo, CA 93012 This is a free event. After disasters, many organizations find themselves
USGBC-LA Resilience Capacity Building Workshop at Ventura
December 6th, 2019
9AM – 1PM
VCCF Nonprofit Center; Community Room
4001 Mission Oaks Blvd. Camarillo, CA 93012
This is a free event.
After disasters, many organizations find themselves on the front lines of helping their communities respond in ways they never would have expected. Organizations, including community-based organizations, local governments, and local businesses, can be more effective before, during and after disasters by planning and building capacity in advance.
USGBC-LA, in partnership with SoCal Edison, is hosting a series of interactive workshops to help organizations develop their own roadmap for resilience.
These workshop-style trainings, based on the Building Resilience-LA process, walk participants through real-world examples to illustrate the key concepts of resilience and how they can be applied. Drawing from the fields of sustainability, public health and risk management with a strong equity lens, the Building Resilience process helps participants focus on energy, water, transportation, food systems and jobs in new and integrated ways, creating opportunity for improved performance and efficiency in normal times and safety and continuity in times of stress.
The purpose of this project is to increase the capacity of community members, including community¬ based organizations, local government personnel and small businesses to adapt to climate change and promote local physical, social and economic resilience, and sustainability.
Organizations interested in building their own resilience programs are encouraged to attend to chart out their own action plans.
Directions to the Center
US-101 N toward Ventura
1. Take exit 53A for Flynn Rd
2. Sharp right onto Mission Oaks Blvd
3. Take immediate left after Camarillo Ranch Rd., into Creekside Executive Center
4. VCCF Nonprofit Center is the two story building on right.
US-101 S toward Los Angeles
1. Take exit 53A toward Dawson Dr.
2. Veer right onto Petit St
3. Turn right onto N Dawson Dr., go under freeway, road becomes Mission Oaks Blvd.
4. Continue onto Mission Oaks Blvd until you cross Flynn Rd.
5. Take immediate left after Camarillo Ranch Rd., into Creekside Executive Center
6. VCCF Nonprofit Center is the two story building on right.